by Marcio Soares
Roasted red peppers quinoa salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 roasted red peppers (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed, I used a mix of white and red)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth or water)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup feta (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the roasted red peppers, quinoa, vegetable broth and oregano, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the chickpeas, feta and balsamic vinaigrette.