By Marcio Soares.
Let’s celebrate the Rio 2016 Olympic games with a taste of Brazil!
Brazilian protein bar
6 scoops protein powder of your choice (I used whey protein vanilla ice cream flavour. 24g protein per scoop)
6 scoop coconut flour frenzy (You can find it in most of the health shops.)
3 scoops milled linseed with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries and chia seeds.
50g chocolate 60-80 % Amazonas premium cocoa beans
5 crushed brazil nuts
100g mixed trial nuts (The pack came with diced coconut and banana flakes.)
300ml almond milk
How to make it:
- Mix protein powder, linseeds, coconut flour in a bowl.
- Add the almond milk slowly to the mix with the help of a wooden spoon until you achieve a dough consistency.
- Add the trial mix and brazil nuts to the mix.
- Take it to the fridge for 5 min.
- Take it out and shape the mix into 8-10 small squares.
- Place the squares on a tray covered with cling film.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or in a glass ball on top of a pot of boiling water.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the protein bars with the help of a teaspoon.
- Place the bars into the fridge for at least 30 min. and enjoy it.
If you enjoy this recipe please share it with your friends and loved ones!